Internet search from Windows 7 Start Menu
All is needed a little registry change:
- Open registry editor - just type regedit in the start menu search bar and click on regedit.exe)
- Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
If Explorer or other Key doesn't exist, simply create them by right clicking on the existing key above and selecting New > Key
- Inside Explorer create a new DWORD type value:
Value Data: 1
- Restart computer
Now, when you start typing in the Start Menu Search bar you will see an option to Search the Internet which will open your default Internet browser and perform a search using your default search provider (Google, Bing, etc.)
Disable Junk Mail in Outlook 2010
By default Outlook will try to filter the most obvious junk e-mail and move it to the Junk-E-mail folder. Unfortunately Outlook SPAM filter is not the most sophisticated and quite often legitimate messages get marked as Junk mail.
You can choose to disable Outlook Junk-mail filter completely, especially if your company or email provider already uses an external anti-spam system.
To disable Junk E-mail filtering in Outlook 2010:
- Click on Junk in the Home Tab and select Junk E-mail Options…
- In Junk Email Options dialog Options Tab select No Automatic Filtering...
Start Outlook 2010 in Safe Mode
To start Outlook in Safe Mode:
Start > Run > Outlook /safe > OK
Disable / Enable hibernation in Windows
To Disable Hibernation
Start > type cmd > right click on Command Prompt and click Run as Administrator
In command prompt type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press Enter.