MS Exchange 2003 ActiveSync Mobile Administration Tool
By using the Exchange ActiveSync Mobile Administration Web tool, administrators can perform the following actions:
- View a list of all devices that are being used by any enterprise user.
- Select/de-select devices to be remotely erased / wiped.
- View the status of pending remote erase requests for each device.
- View a transaction log that indicates which administrators have issued remote erase commands, in addition to the devices those commands pertained to.
The tool needs to be installed on an Exchange Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 front-end server.
- Download the Administration Tool
- Install on an Exchange Front End Server
- browse to https://localhost/mobileadmin/
- log-on using exchange administrator credentials
If [Wipe] option is not available you need to enable the "Enforce Password on Device" in the Exchange System Manager of Exchange
ESM > Global Settings > Mobile Services > Properties > Device Security > Enforce password on device
You can left all other fields unchecked to avoid actually enforcing password policy.
Mobile device users will be forced to accept new security policy and may be forced to change they mobile device security code.
If you are getting error "Failed to access user's Mailbox, verify that the mailbox and user account are enabled and functional." make sure that "Integrated Windows authentication" is enabled in:
Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager > Web Sites > Default Web Site > Exadmin > Properties > Directory security > Authentication and access control > Edit
For more information check:
Exchange Server 2007 has this functionality built in to Exchange Management Console
EMC > Recipient Configuration > Mailbox > [user name] > Manage mobile device
Exchange Server 2003 SP3