Configure Media Player Classic to output 5.1 surround via optical S/PDIF
- Download and install AC3 Filter. Light version will do. If you download full version make sure you choose custom install to deselect crapware during installation.
Official website: http://www.ac3filter.net
Archive: AC3Filter 2.6.0b Lite
- Open Media Player Classic and go to Play > Filters > AC3Filter
Copy Windows Photo Gallery face tags to Google Picasa
Windows Photo Gallery (formerly Windows Live Photo Gallery) writes facial recognition tags (people tags) directly to image file meta-data. Google Picasa until version 3.9 was storing face tags to its own internal database and configuration files. This made it tricky to synchronise face tags between different computers and makes it very easy to loose face tags while re-installing software, moving images, etc.
Since version 3.9 Google Picasa has an option to write facial recognition tags to image meta-data. For some reason this option is disabled by default, it can be enabled in Tools > Options > Name Tags > Store name tags in photo.
This setting only affect images tagged from when the setting was enabled. If you want to transfer existing Picasa face tags stored in internal database to image meta-data you can do following:
- Make sure Store name tags in photo option is enabled.
- Just in case backup your photos.
- If you have a small number of photos, simply make an edit to a photo (Fill Light slider works fine). Save the changes (File > Save), and then undo the edit.
- If you have large number of photos, you can move all face tags to a new person and then move them back to the original person. This needs to be done for every person, but if you have large number of photos it's still more efficient than editing every single photo.
Logitech Harmony software error - InvocationTargetException
Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7 installed on Windows 8 Pro PC. Following error is displayed when trying to launch the application:
com.logitech.harmony.starter.Launcher - Remote Control Software Error
The Remote Control Software cannot start. Reinstall the software or contact customer service.
Disable auto Login in Windows 8
- In Windows 8, after unlocking the lock screen, Windows tries to login into the last logged on account. If account is without a password Windows logins automatically.
- In a similar fashion if you restart computer from an account without password, Windows logs back in automatically.
One way to resolve the first issue is to disable the lock screen. It doesn't make much sense on non-touchscreen devices anyway and without the lock screen, you would need to click on the account picture to login into last logged in account.
The lock screen can be disabled via local group policy: