To find what version / build number of Windows 10 your installation media contains perform following steps:
- Insert the installation DVD or mount .ISO file
- Open elevated command prompt (run as administrator)
- Run one of the following commands:
- dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:F:\sources\boot.wim /index:1
- dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:F:\sources\install.esd /index:1
Replace F: with drive letter of your DVD / ISO.
- Output will look something like this:
In the above example the installation media is for Windows 10.0.10240 Build 16384, which is the first Windows 10 RTM release (Threshold 1).