All non-admin users within the company cannot see images on the main internal company's SharePoint Intranet site. All they see are placeholder images.
After a short investigation, I found that the images in question were located inside SiteAssets sub-folder / library. Although all users had read-only access to the SharePoint site itself, only admins had any permissions set on the SiteAssets. Adding "Everyone except external users" group with Read permission level, resolved the issue.
It was a bit of a headscratcher how to get to the permissions admin page for the SiteAssets library. Going to the library URL: https://company-name.sharepoint.com/SiteAssets then Settings > Site Permissions > Advanced permission settings was loading the permissions admin page for the main SharePoint site, not the SiteAssets library.
After a bit of back and forth, I found the following way to get there:
- Go to the main SharePoint site https://company-name.sharepoint.com
- Click on Gear Icon (top right) > Site contents.
- Click on three dots next to Site Assets folder > Settings.
- Click on Permissions for this document library.
- Click Grant Permissions, add "Everyone except external users" with Read permission level, and click Share.
Microsoft Office 365
Leave your comment