Increase Joomla Media Manager Upload File Size Limit
This can be changed:
- Joomla 1.6 and Joomla 1.7: Content > Media Manager > Options > Maximum Size (in MB)
- Joomla 1.5: Global Configuration > System > Maximum Size (in bytes)
This file is too large to upload.
Where is php.ini located?
Some common places are:
If you still can't find it, run:
find / -name php.ini
This will find all files with name php.ini on your server.
MySQL server down: ERROR 2002 (HY000)
- All Joomla websites hosted on single virtual server are down.
- Trying to access any of the sites, web browsers display following errors:
Infinite loop detected in JError
Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL
- phpMyAdmin web interface displays login screen would not allow to login (simply reloads the page after submitting credentials).
- Trying to connect to MySQL via console fails with errors:
ERROR 1040 (hy000): Too many connections
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
Unlock network files locked by Samba Linux / Unix Server
Samba is a free Linux/Unix software which provides file and print access for Microsoft Windows clients. If you have a Linux file server or Linux based NAS device on a network with Windows clients you are probably using Samba.
Samba deals with file locking, preventing file corruption and data loss when two or more clients try to simultaneously edit the same file. There may be situations where you need to force file unlock, for example when file was closed but lock was not properly released by Samba.
Unfortunately Samba doesn't allow unlocking individual files. There are couple of workarounds though.