Yealink SIP-T22P VOIP phones unreachable from Asterisk PBX
- Trixbox 2.6 PBX (Asterisk 1.4)
- Mixture of Linksys SPA 942 and Yealink SIP-T22P VOIP phones
- Phones connecting to the PBX from a remote site over WAN.
People using Yealink SIP-T22P SIP phones occasionally can't receive incoming calls. Outgoing calls working fine. Linksys phones are not affected. When the issue occurs Asterisk CLI shows phones as UNREACHABLE. Yealink web GUI displays phones as Registered. Rebooting phone resolves the issue until it happens next time.
Worst thing is that users don't have any indication when their phones are not able to receive incoming calls.
Add Netgear ReadyNAS share as VMware ESXi datastore
This article explains how to add a Netgear ReadyNAS Business Pro share to a VMware ESXi host as an NFS (Network File System) datastore. Although I'm using Netgear RadyNAS in this example, similar process would apply to any other NFS compatible NAS device.
Change MySQL root password
To change MySQL root password login to the server console and run following command:
mysqladmin -u root -p password 'new-password'
You will be prompted for your old password and new password will be set to newpass.
Trixbox Asterisk - Forward extension via web admin GUI
To forward extension on Trixbox Asterisk server:
- Login to admin web GUI
- PBX > PBX Settings > Extension > [extension]
- Under Device Options change value of field dial
- To forward to an extension on the same VOIP server:
Where: 601 - extension you are forwarding to
- To forward to an extension to another outgoing trunk:
Where: IAX2/Boston - trunk name; 601 - extension you are forwarding to