Update DELL iDRAC 6 Firmware via Web GUI
- Download Windows (.exe) version of iDRAC update utility from DELL.
- Extract the downloaded .exe file (with 7-zip or something similar).
Lifecycle Controller - The updates you are tying to apply are not Dell-authorized updates
Unified Server Configuration / Lifecycle Controller is one of the best, OS independent ways to update DELL server BIOS and firmware of various integrated components. To boot into Unified Server Configuration press F10 (System Services) during system start-up. Then, to initiate the Update module, go to Platform Update > Launch Platform Update > FTP Server. No need to enter any login credentials, address is ftp.dell.com.
By default system will try get IP configuration details from your DHCP server. I DHCP server is not available, you can enter IP details manually by going into USC Settings > Network Settings.
VMware ESXi Datastore doesn't mount automatically after reboot
VMware ESXi 5.5.0 datastore does not mount automatically after VM host server is rebooted. You can obviously manually add the datastore, but this doesn't resolve the main issue, which is that all VMs hosted on that datastore go offline if VM host is restarted or recovers from a power cut.
VMware ESXi - enlarge virtual disk
Increasing size of a virtual disk in VMware ESXi is pretty simple process.
- Open VMware ESXi vSphere Client
- Right click on the virtual machine that holds the disk in question and select "Edit Settings"
- Select the Hard Disk in question and change "Provisioned Size" to the required size
- Click OK