Got plenty or recorded TV shows on your Windows 7 Media Centre PC, but have no time to watch them? You can transfer them to your iPhone or Android smartphone and watch them at your free time.
- Open your Media Centre Recorded TV folder Windows Explorer. Default location is C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV
- Right click on the required file with .wtv extension and click on "Convert to .drv-ms Format" This will create a copy of your file in .drv-ms format.
If you can't see "Convert to .drv-ms Format" option make sure that you use Windows 7 OS and Windows Media Centre is set as the default application to open .wtv files.
- Download and install HandBrake. This is an open-source video transcoder. For more info and latest versions click here.
- Launch HandBrake. Select your new .drv-ms file as a source. Select "iPhone and iPhone Touch" from Presets, choose destination and click "Start"
- HandBrake will output .mp4 file which will play in both iPhone and Android smartphones.
- Upload .mp4 file to iPhone via iTunes or to your Android smartphone using Windows Explorer.
Windows 7 Media Centre