Remap Home and End key behaviour on a Mac
The following terminal script can be used to map Home and End keys on macOS so they work in the same way as they do in Windows and Linux: Home - beginning of the line, End - end of the line, Shift + Home - select text between cursor and beginning of the line, etc.
DisplayLink Manager - Black screen instead of videos
MacBook Pro running 2 external screens via DisplayLink Manager enabled USB dock doesn't play videos in web browsers (Chrome and Edge). The sound is played normally, but videos only display a black screen.
Apple photos displays exclamation mark instead on HEIC images
MacBook Air with macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) Apple photos app displays preview thumbnails for all photos, but some photos do not open in full view when double-clicked. Instead of a photo, a grey exclamation mark is displayed. On a closer look it became clear that only HEIC format files were affected, JPGs were opening just fine.
Finding Apple Mail attachment edited and saved by MS Word
A user attached a Word document to an Apple Mail email from his desktop, then opened it from Apple Mail with MS Word, made multiple changes and saved it by clicking File > Save. He then closed the document and was surprised to find that the changes he made were not present in the attached document, nor in the original file saved on the desktop.
More Articles ...
- Change MS Office 365 for Mac license
- Mac OS - This Connection is Not Private
- Add HTML signature in Apple Mail
- This copy of the Install macOS application is damaged
- Microsoft Exchange account stops working in Apple Mail - Enter Password
- TeamViewer on Mac - You are currently offline. Please check your internet connection
- Time Machine couldn't complete the backup - an error occurred while copying files...
- Your iCloud Music Library session has expired
- VLC for Mac doesn't display subtitles
- Automatically empty Trash in Mac OS