Can't connect to a remote Exchange server via EMC
Cannot connect to a remote Microsoft Exchange 2010 Server server using Windows 7 Pro computer with Exchange Management Tools installed.
Following message is displayed in Exchange Management Console window:
The World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC) isn't running on any Exchange servers in the site. If you want to connect to Remote PowerShell, this service must be running. Make sure that the W3SVC is running on at least one Exchange server.
Configure your own router for BT Infinity
With BT Infinity service you normally have two devices provided by BT: OpenReach VDSL modem and BT Home Hub Wireless Router.
Error 0x80070005 trying to push files via Group Policy
Trying to copy a file from a network share to client machines using Group Policy (Computer Configuration > Preferences > Windows Settings > Files)
Operation fails with error 0x80070005 Access is denied.
Disable Adobe Flash Auto Update Notifications using Group Policy
By default Adobe Flash Player periodically checks for new versions and gives users option to update. This may be not a desirable behaviour if flash player is deployed centrally. This also may cause a problem if users do not have local administrator rights. Installation not only fails but often breaks existing installation.
To disable auto update you need to create file mms.cfg and place it in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash on every client computer (32bit).
On 64bit machines location is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
The file should have only one line of text
It must be saved in UTF-8 encoding. You can choose encoding in a notepad after pressing "Save As..."
mms.cfg file can be distributed using Group Policy.
Java 7 Update 21 does not work on Windows 8
Java 7 Update 21 refuses to work on Windows 8. Tested using Internet Explorer 10, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Internet Explorer and Firefox display following error instead of Java applet:
Error. Click for details
- Disable EU browser choice ballot using registry or group policy
- Front Page Ad
- Can't re-install Google Hangout Voice and Video Plugin
- Windows 7 slow boot with Sophos installed
- Installing unsigned drivers on Windows 8
- Find what's preventing computer from sleeping
- Can't install Internet Explorer 9 (Error Code 3715)
- Outlook 2010 takes long time to delete Gmail messages
- How to identify unknown devices in Windows Device Manager
- Windows cannot find 'javaw'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.